Monday, November 30, 2009

the single woman sleeps

when i feel troubled or melancholy
i couldn't sleep at night
lonesome, loss and all those sad feelings
like giant waves start hitting in

maybe it's the noisy neighbor
it may also be the tap with a broken washer
surely it's the second tickings of the ol' wind-up clock
some of the things that i blame for that sleepless night

with a queen size bed
offering too much space
untouched and empty
define how the heart spells

spoon sleep with me cuddled inside
tingle my shoulder till i fall asleep..
reality starts sipping in now
a single bed is more suitable for me.


2 comments:

  1. Together with my lekker ding
    a bed sheet recently bought
    AC on minus 2.
    Cuddle till warm
    Wake-up with a smile
    I miss that feeling that gave me meringding

    ReplyDelete