Friday, December 4, 2009

so what are you doing between 4-6pm?

every different stages of our life we go through lots of changes, be it physical, emotional, mental, new commitment and responsibility, yah the list goes on.

i'm very fortunate that i go through stages of my life with good friends and family around to provide the support that i need.
right after high school, most of my time was spend in s'pore which mainly mold the me-today. honestly, given a 2nd chance, i would like to be mold or find myself in 'tanah tumpah darahku'. it's definitely gonna be different. but having living out in s'pore on my own, i've learned to be independent and resourceful. it's life challenges that force us to step into a new self. it's part and parcel of life, like i always claim.

ever since i've left school and step foot into the working industry, i just realized i never left it. for the past 8 years, i've been doing the same thing between 4-6pm - working. includes some weekends too. to add to the agony, i've a pretty desk-bound job with killer heels and my makeup mask.

sometimes, we do need to take a step back (or slow down our pace) and reflect. does all that you're doing between 4-6pm (x the number of years) is worthwhile? or good to continue?

for me, i definitely still need to work (don't understand why friends don't agree with me being a full-time homemaker) but probably something that i've more control of my "4-6pm". would love to dictate what to do- myself, and not judge or managed by anyone.

so what are you doing between 4-6pm? coffee before dinner at the sidewalk? yes, i would love that.

5 comments:

  1. 4-6pm, I would love to get away from work for a Happy Hour dash (not that I've not done that). But seriously, now that I am a 'home-maker', I love the 4-6 time frame doing absolutely anything or nothing at all. From napping, nosey-ing on FB and thinking of dinner at 7pm.

    Lately, I have taken up painting - yes! Though the weather now sucks from 4-6pm (no daylight), but I've taken the liking to paint - not house but canvas :)

    4-6pm is the best time to hang around bars along the river i.e Boat Quay and now Kingston river. Although I would prefer the warm sunny weather in front of Penny Black more.

    From 4-6pm today, I'll be getting ready to hop on the plane. See you in S'pore after 6pm. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *envy* is all i can think feel now.

    thanks for sharing and would look forward to more from you.

    and yippee...my queen babe is coming back to s'pore!!
    it's out and about and this would probably the only RIGHT reason to put on my killer heels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between 4-6pm...you got me thinking there gal.6 months ago I would probably be doing one of the below:

    1) Busting my guts out at the gym. Doing 10ks day in and day out.

    or

    2) Watching cartoons on KidsChannel. Favourite will have to be the silly SpongeBob.

    or

    3) Busy in the kitchen cooking dinner.


    Now..I will be either:

    1) Busy meeting renters coz it's the crazy end of the year 'Rent a Flat' season!

    or


    2) Online.


    Oopps! I am still a good wifey, I make dinners too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's what i like, nicole!
    variety.
    give me more choice, give more to do...not just work...i will try to 'work' towards it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Join my trade gal, or should I say join my team. ( Karen )

    ReplyDelete